Friday, September 07, 2007

To the tune of...

'Twas the night before the film fest
and all through the condo
not a creature was stirring
except for the idiot cleaning his bathroom
and the cat playing chicken with the broom.

Okay, I don't have the energy to finish that one. Time to finish packing and get to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day. The getting up, the getting ready, the going to the airport, the waiting for the flight to leave, the arriving in Detroit, the boarding of the second flight, the getting off the plane that now has mechanical problems, the going to a different gate, the waiting for the next flight to leave, the finally leaving, the arriving in Toronto, the trying to seem harmless at the Customs & Immigration booth (success!), the gathering of the bags, the hiring of a cab, the arriving at the B&B, the checking in, the promising to pay for the room just as soon as my bank allows me to withdraw that much Canadian cash (these exchange rates suck!), the rushing to subway, the arriving at the box office, the waiting in line, I mean "queueing" (those crazy Canadians), the getting the tickets, the rushing to the first show... you get the picture. I just hope I get to my first picture.

No comments: