Thursday, September 01, 2011

TIFF, we have a problem...

Yesterday, I received an email notifying me that my ticket selections had been processed.  I excitedly opened up the email, performed a quick count of movies on our schedule, and sure enough, we had 20.  Then I looked a bit closer and noticed that once of our second choice picks was among them.  "Bummer," I thought, "we didn't get all of our first selections."  I set out to see which ones we didn't get, and discovered that we received all of our second choice picks, and rather indiscriminately.

We are double-booked three times in two days.  I don't know if you've tried it, but watching two movies at once is quite challenging, particularly when the theaters are over a mile apart.

I'm sure TIFF will rectify the situation by replacing our second choice tickets with vouchers for the three double-bookings, but that overlooks another little issue.  This year, we bought a membership to TIFF.  At our contribution level, I was told that our ticket order would be processed "before the general public".  It would appear that we're in a rather large group and that all of us pre-general public people picked the same films.  Or perhaps our order was processed among all the other John Q. Public's orders.  I'm more than a little irritated, and less than enthused about renewing my membership next year.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Well that's complete and utter bull-hockey. Completely unacceptable.