Sunday, September 07, 2008

Welcome to Canada, eh?

Since I last wrote, I called my B&B host in a panic when I misread my confirmation e-mail and thought my arrival date was set for Monday. Nope, it's today. He thinks I'm an idiot now.

Next up, I set a container of OJ on my tray table on the flight to Toronto and opened it, not thinking about the fact that we were on a steep climb. You don't have to have a vivid imagination to figure out what that outcome was.

I'm now writing from the Airport Express Shuttle bus, which will take me to the beautiful Hotel Chelsea, where I'm not staying. From there, I'll take a taxi to St. George near Dupont, where my host will look at me and think, "So that's the idiot..."

Isn't it a cool city that has a wifi connection spreading throughout the downtown area? Bus blogging -- you just can't do that in Des Moines.

No comments: