Friday, September 14, 2007

Random Ramblilngs

I saw a Jen Warne clone riding a bicycle on my walk back to the B&B today. I did a double take, and I'm sure she thought I was checking her out or something.

...

I forgot to mention the funniest thing about my travel adventure to Toronto. The nice Asian lady said over the plane's intercom, in a rather cartoonish accent, "Hi, my name is Coco and I will be your fright attendant today." I kept thinking I was an unwilling extra in a Quentin Tarantino cheese ball horror flick.

...

At the beginning of each screening, they display a brief message notifying the crowd that piracy is illegal and that you may not photograph the screen in any way during the show. It started out as one guy early in the week, but now there is a healthy chorus of "Aaaarrrggggghhh!" It's only fitting, with Talk Like A Pirate Day coming up and all.

...

I was waiting for a screening to start today, and two young (early college age) women were talking at length about how much they knew about writing. Every third word out of their mouths was "like". "And, like, you should, like, never use, you know, like, 'to be'."

A hearty "Totally," replied her friend.

Valley Girl just now made it to Toronto, and they will be the next literary geniuses from the Great White North.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got to keep those clones under control!