Sunday, September 07, 2008

One leg down

The first leg went relatively smoothly. My iPod was dead, but I was asleep before I would have had the chance to turn it on. I was in an exit row, which is great, but those seats don't recline and my head spent a great deal of time bent forward at a near 90-degree angle. When we arrived in Detroit, in the words of our pilot, "some genius parked a van right in the middle of our gate," so we had to wait five minutes while they found a driver.

I found a working outlet next to a seat at the gate of my next flight, and my iPod is charging away, though I'll probably once again sleep right through any opportunity to use it.

It's raining here in Detroit, and the clouds are apparently affecting the satellite feed for the TV. CNN sounds like Max Headroom. Strangely, though, Fox & Friends was coming in loud and clear at the Middle Eastern breakfast place on the walk to my gate. They were advertising tonight's program "Governor Sarah Palin: An American Woman", fresh on the tails of their other famous exposés "Dogs: Animals with Four Legs" and "Apples, Wagons and Communists: Things Commonly Identified With the Color Red". But enough political commentary.

My flight leaves in 75 minutes and I should probably get a plan of action together. See you in Toronto.

No comments: