Wednesday, August 29, 2007

How many stages of grief are there?

I'm not sure which stages these thoughts fit into, but while I was getting ready for work, these ran through my head:

"Maybe they'll have technical difficulties, and have to reschedule a showing for later in the week."

"I'll fly out Friday on standby. The B&B might have a room available."

"I should check again, maybe I read the schedule wrong."

"Maybe the movie will be a major disappointment and I'm just dodging a bullet".

...

Anyway, the festival is throwing me a consolation prize. The film Joy Division is in fact a documentary about the band, and *one* of its three showings is while I'm in town. I guess I know where I'll be Sunday afternoon at 5:30 EST. Do you?

It's not all dead roses though -- scheduling snafu #2: Ang Lee's Lust, Caution shows at the same time as David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises. Decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a poser. I think my vote (if I have a vote) goes to Ang Lee; interesting period and culture.