Sunday, July 15, 2007

TIFF 2007

I bought 20 tickets for the 2007 Toronto International Film Festival today. I was horrified to discover the current day exchange rates on the Canadian Dollar. I'm sure after Visa dings me for the foreign exchange fee, I'll be getting even money at best. You don't want to know what it costs per flick. It'll be well worth it, though, I'm sure.

I bought my airline ticket months ago through Northwest, and they've only changed my itinerary 3 times since then. For those of you who were avid readers last year, you know that I'll be happy merely to arrive in Toronto unscathed.

I'm staying at the same B&B as last year, Barb's (& Ed's) Queen West B&B. They're very nice people. I'll give them extra kudos if I can sponge off of their Wi-Fi. Okay, they might not have Wi-Fi. They might not know what it is. The make a great breakfast for a guy who's late to yet another film, though.

I'll be back in late August when the film list comes out...

No comments: