Saturday, May 02, 2009

Pre-season

I know I've been away for a long, long, long, long time, but I haven't forgotten about my responsibilities.  So, I'm here to tell you that plans for the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival are in full swing.

This year, I'll be staying with the lovely people at the Annex Quest House, after last year's host left me feeling just a little uncomfortable.  It looks nice, and it's close to a subway entrance, for those soggy days I seem to be experiencing the last couple trips.

I've booked my flight with Northwest Airlines (we're Delta!).  I guarantee that my itinerary will change at least twice before my departure date, so I'm just not even going to get upset about it.

The good news is, I'll be spending one extra day at the festival this year.  Now, I know that one extra day doesn't sound like a lot, but I generally seem to miss one good flick every year because of my Saturday arrival date.  Also, this brings my average number of shows per day down from three to 2.5.  This will allow me more time to write "experience" entries, instead of just reviews.  I plan on posting under categories such as "Brushes with Fame", "Brushes with Stupidity", "Brushes with Polite Canadians" and of course the usual unfortunately exciting travel posts.  There's nothing that beats leaving a week's worth of clothing in the front yard of a B&B in the middle of the city.

So, look for movie selection posts beginning in late August or early September.  The real fun begins, however, on Friday, September 11, less than 19 weeks away!

No comments: